Monday, June 7, 2010

And so it begins...

I have a blog. Yay. It was an interesting process trying to figure out what to call the darn thing. I spent 27 minutes looking up other blogs that had the names I wanted... (Ok, so 27 minutes is a wrong estimation... but you totally believed it, right? I hope so. Cause I thought it was pretty believable. It was actuallly longer than that. But I didn't want to get crazy with my approximation of time... anyways.)
It was also difficult to pick a name because quite frankly, I am still not quite sure what my focus here is. But I do know, despite uncertainly starting this, it is something I want to keep up. I did my Myspace shpeels for a while... And then I couldn't quite get into Facebook notes... They were typically just Myspace blogs copied and pasted into Facebook notes... the difference being I could attach pictures and such easily... But yeah. That was all kind of... Meh. Boring. So here maybe I can make it more me and keep it up longer.
I considered the title "A Day in the Life of a Sailor's Wife." That was taken. And I'm sad to report the couple is now spliting up. It made me sad.
Then while searching for a similar title but instead using "Submariner's Wife" I found a cute little book I'm interested in ordering now.
And then it occured to me I am not yet a wife... not quite. And I wanted a name that was timeless... because then I thought of the "Sailor's Wife" 's blog and she is now splitting up with her sailor. While I am not trying to be morbid about such things as to think mine or anyone else's marriage won't last, I figured I needed a cooler title anyway... So this is the one I settled on... I think it is suitable. As if to say "Here. Here's a small taste of what it's like to live my life..." Whether it is a nervous, anxious and scary moment. Or, perhaps, a happy, joyous, exciting moment... Or even the everyday boring but somehow still intriguing to hear about kinds of moments. I figure it'll be hit or miss most of the time. But I'm willing to see how it goes.
So here goes.
~Jazmyn~

No comments:

Post a Comment