Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Fresh Start

I haven't written on here for a long time. This is because, quite frankly, I wrote a few pieces I felt I couldn't actually put up. So they stayed saved on my blog, but never got posted. I haven't deleted them yet, but I plan to once this one is done. In addition to typing thoughts I probably shouldn't share with the world, I have been really really busy with stuff. I last posted on Thanksgiving. It's now June.
Let's see, I spent Christmas in Bama. The 26th, I flew up to New Hampshire to see my love. I was supposed to leave the 6th or 7th, but my flight got cancelled thanks to snow. So I actually got to stay an extra week:). It was an awesome accident.

I finished my 6th semester. Spring Break was uneventful. Easter passed. My grandfather died April 29th. I went to get my love (for the first time since January) a week later. We got back to Bama on May 9th. I had exams the 10th and 11th. On Friday the 13th, we were married at a pond, under a gorgeous oak tree in the cemetery I buried my grandfather in less than two weeks prior. (I'll tell you more about that later.) But now it is June, and we are back in Virginia. My darling is off leave, and I am job less for the summer:/ (that part is already starting to bug me)

For this mini-post, I wanted to explain why I named this blog "A Blink of an Eye and the Sound of a Sigh." I don't think I ever actually did that before. And now more than ever, it seems appropriate. I've been married a month now, and it has seemed so fast. But we've done sooooo much. It's crazy. It's quite literally like I blinked and landed here.

As for the sound of a sigh... well. I sigh a lot. A frustrated, why do I put up with you people, "ughhh." An exhausted, but relieved, thank God that paper is finally done, "phewww." A happy, I'm so glad to see you, "Ahh." (that one is similar to the very much underestimated, "Ahhhh" that goes with the first swallow of a Coca-Cola.)

I do a lot of sighing. A lot of the time. People don't think about how good a sigh feels. It's a fresh breath your lungs appreciate after a stressful, emotional, or just regualar day. It's refreshing. And even though it doesn't solve anything, it offers a small bit of comfort for your overworked body.
My body needs that tiny comfort sometimes. It is a small reward for a bigger issue, but it feels good. It really does. And that's all I can really ask for in those situations that escape my comprehension. Those times when things are tough and there's no one around to help. It is nice. And in a world full of moments that are gone in a blink, it's nice to have the relief of a sigh. So that's the name. I think it fits in my ever-changing life.

Later daze

No comments:

Post a Comment